Warning, this post is going to magnify the addiction of soda pop. If you are not addicted to soda pop, or have never struggled with any kind of addiction at all, which includes to sugar, chocolate, etc... this blog post might not be for you!
I have gone through times in my life where I have flown straight and narrow and completely eliminated soda from my diet. I went a year and a half once being so good and not drinking it at all! Then, I went to a barbecue that didn't have anything else to drink to go with my burger and brat, and that was all she wrote! I drank my soda, and I was once again hooked by the beast of a drink.
Its not good for me, I know that. I have started pulling back and limiting my intake, but it is hard, no question about that. It takes good with all its sweet, bubbly fizz. It satisfies something in me that, as much as I love Tea, other drinks just don't. Sometimes though I feel like I live in a soda pop haze. I have drunk too much of it, and definitely not enough water, and I just feel yuck. That is a bad thing of course and that makes me pull back for a few days, drink more water and as soon as I do that, I start to feel better again. Unfortunately, I often fail to really learn my lessons well enough to make them stick. I might go a week doing really well, then something happens and I am right back in my soda pop haze.
So, what to do about it? Well enough sleep at night would be great, because then I wouldn't feel the need for the boost on caffeine. One of my drivers for drinking pop is that I don't drink coffee therefore soda is a way to ingest caffeine. I also need to make a limit of 1 a day and stick to it and drink water, tea and other things so that I don't feel like my body is being fueled by the syrup of that tasty soda pop. Finally I need to remember way better that taking care of myself is very important because after all, this is the only body I have got! If I let it fall apart by being stupid, its going to abandon me and then I will really feel like yuck. I might live too often in a soda pop haze, but its time to get on the health train and stop drinking junk that hurts me instead of helping me!
No comments:
Post a Comment