Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Shoe Sale 40% Off!

I will share honestly that I love shoes! My husband has called me Imelda Marcos when it comes to my shoe buying habits. Today I went with my son to an appointment and while he was having his eyes examined, literally, I went next door to the shoe store! Woot! I wandered around enjoying trying on this pair and that. I found a pair that I really liked, so I toted them around while making sure they were really the one. I had decided before going into the trenches that I would walk away with only one pair today.

I finally made it back to the clearance area, and found a pair I liked even better than the first pair. So, I put the first pair back and toted around the second pair. The first pair was full price, the second pair was about the same original price, but had 40% off. I got to the next rack and found a pair of wedges made by Sofft that I fell in love with! So comfortable,and so stylish. I love that I can dress them up or down depending on my outfit. I restocked the second pair I had been toting around and snagged that third pair for my own. Sometimes you hit on a pair of shoes that you just know is it! Those shoes were it. I didn't even bother looking at the last rack. I found my one!

The beauty of those shoes is that they were fifteen dollars less than the second pair at original price, and on top of that they too were 40% off! Woot! I was practically giddy! I bought my shoes, met my son at the optical place, and hung around until he was done. We had thought he would need his eyes dilated, so I went as designated driver. He didn't end up needing it, but boy was I glad I went! Those awesome shoes are mine! They were sitting on the table when my hubby got home tonight. How does he handle my shoe buying habit? He laughs, asks me to show them to him on, and then, because I usually end up buying in the clearance area, listened to me share what a great deal I got on them and all about my 40% off buy! He calls my shoe buying shoe therapy, and usually when I go buy shoes its not just because I love shoes, I have something going on in my head space I am trying to work out.

Life is complicated, challenging, and full of both joy and sorrow. We all have our coping mechanisms. For me, today, it was that shoe sale 40% off that cheered me up and helped me pop a smile instead of continuing to frown!

No comments:

Post a Comment