Saturday, June 25, 2016

On the Sunny Side of Crazy!

Sometimes life is full of a whole bunch of gunk. I feel like a hot mess! In the midst of it, I think about screaming, but usually I find a way to make it all good. I tend to be a glass is half full kind of person. I like to find ways to make sense of my minor bouts of crazy life moments.

I kid with my family and say "I might be crazy, but ha!, not enough to commit me!"  They always laugh at me because they know I am really not kidding. Now I know that there are varying degrees of crazy, and some of those degrees are really a bad thing. When I talk about crazy I mean wacky, a little zany, fun loving, full of good humor that is not traditional in all senses. That is my crazy. Sometimes I feel a little more crazy due to hormones, but hey, that is a different kind of story and not for today.

Sunny side up. Well my first thought is eggs that haven't been cooked all the way. Their golden round goodness like the sun in the sky. Its bright, and cheerful and oh so tasty. So my sunny side of crazy is all about good, fun loving, exuberant and very whimsical humor. Its me singing a familiar song, but not remembering all the words, but I don't care, so I will make up my own words, and if you don't like it, well that is your problem because I am enjoying singing because I am full of music!

So much of life is so serious, and hard. People like me tend to lighten the mood. We can be very serious ourselves, and our sunnyside of crazy helps keeps us grounded and sane. We feel things deeply, and care a great deal and this kind of heart restores our balance. Its all about perspective. I practice this kind of crazy every day. If you see a nut driving down the road with a big smile on her face, and it is obvious she is singing a song and be bopping in her car as she is driving along, it might be me! Or someone like me that is just full of some kind of joy and letting it out. Those people should cause us all to smile because we need them in life. They help us keep perspective that not all of life is hard. They bring a laugh, a smile and a sweetness to life.

My sunny side of crazy says let me be an energy giver today instead of sucking that energy out of everyone around me because I am a grump. It says, lets work together to be joyful and to care, and to help others even if its just with making them smile. I am bound and determined, when appropriate, to help those around me enjoy a little bit of my crazy so that hopefully their day might be just a little bit better! Come along for my ride! I am waiting to laugh with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment