My movie interests are up and down like a yo-yo. I have to be in the right mood for certain kinds of genres. For instance, I am rarely in the mood for romance movies, and never horror. I love action movies and most fantasy/sci-fi movies. I like big explosions, and lots of drama. I do not like movies that make me sad at all, and one of my worst movie experiences was with my sister while I was visiting her. She likes sad movies, so one evening while we were hanging out, she talked me into seeing one of her favorite movies. She cried like a baby, I cried like a baby, my niece cried like a baby, it was one freakin' cry fest and I hated it. It was too close to real life for me and too emotional. I want my movies to entertain me. I want to enjoy the show!
Everyone wants different things out of their movie experience. Some people want to be scared, others filled with reflective thoughts, and still others want movies to make them laugh or cry or maybe even to relax. Some people only watch movies at the theater, and others not until the movie is released on DVD, Blu Ray, 3D, etc... and possibly Netflix or Fire. Whatever a person's favorite movie type is or favorite environment, it goes without saying the movie watching is big business and the first day of a movie release tells the money makers if they have a hit or a flop on their hands.
I will be honest, one of my favorite parts of going to a movie is the snacks. I love getting a Coke Zero and a small popcorn and sitting there and munching and slurping, no I don't really slurp, my way through my snack while I get ready to watch a show. I enjoy it so much that in my home we actually have a mini movie theater popcorn popper on its own stand! Win! One of the things I hate about theaters is deciding where to sit. I get claustrophobic, so I like to sit on the end of an aisle so my claustrophobia doesn't activate. My family would prefer to sit in the middle so seating is always a mini guilt trip for me.
From what show to see, and where to see it at, to seating and snacks, movies should be whatever floats your boat for your own enjoyment. So whenever you go, don't forget to Enjoy the Show!
No comments:
Post a Comment